Thursday, May 05, 2005

The New Golf GTI

There is something about this car. This creature…. This beauty! There is something attractive about this car. I just don’t understand why

My previous love for the RX-8, the Euro-R, Integra type R, and the Caldina GT4 was somewhat transient…. Kinda love hate thing. Love for a while… then “placed on the shelf” and forgotten. Not so much of hate I guess……..

But this Golf seems different. Frankly speaking, I never really liked the Volks. Very much overpriced as compared to the other equivalents available in Singapore. Never much of a performer (mk3 & 4 failed miserably) and the recent models including the beetle don’t seem to have the oomph……. Personal opinion of course…..

But this time around, when the Mk5 was released, I don’t know what really made me so mesmerized….what made me actually plan to save and finance it as a future car…..

Could it be the TV commercial? That cheeky fella….. Reminded me of my old days….. Naughty, playful……Always challenging the system...... so me..... so ACS like..... hahahaha!!!!The real deal is the innovation. Dual sequential gears, 2 liter turbo, honeycomb front grills, aggressive front stance…. “Macham” Audi A6 like. And of course, the subtle GTI badge.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vieny said...

"Contentment is being thankful with what you have and not what you don't" ~ Jim Eilliot

Way to go, Bro!

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home